An Idea? maybe...

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

An Idea? maybe...

Postby DevilsNipple » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:30 pm

COMBINE:

So i was thinking. in a few fallout or nuke rp type of game servers they allways have combine which attack zombies, you and antlions, like a 3rd enemy. its fun to challenge something that has a ranged weapon rather than just zombies and antlions, also adds to the rp factor as there will be combine coming to rid of anyone else incase there infected.

The combine could spawn around the map, about triple the rarity of the antlion mounds. so there not allways everywhere but on occasions they'll spawn on and keep an area clear of anything but them. its good having more a veriaty of enemies. The guns your probaly thinking would be a problem, but the way around it is to use the same code npc of the combine where when they die there guns burst into the particals and dissapear, so there wont be any drops. They could give a little more xp than zombies and antlions would as there harder.

QUESTS:

now i cant remember if you were adding some sort of quest system into it but i think it would be awesome if you did. it would add more reasons for noobs to stay, and it could be a better way of leveling up than just killing. quests like collectiong so much of scrap to give to the person and in returt they give you a medkit and 12 xp or something. give the server a wow factor.

Science:
become a scientist for the first time.
Reward: 1 small medkit (5 xp)
Make a total of 50 medkits
reward: 2 large medkits and 4 armour packs (10 xp)

Scavenger:
become a scavenger for the first time.
reward: 10 scrap and 10 small parts (5 xp)
scavenge a total of 100 scrap, 100 small parts and 100 chemicals
reward: 50 scrap and 50 small parts (10 xp)

and so on...

These are just ideas, and im sure there are either reasons why not to have them or that you are infact going to add them anyway. but i thought id share :)
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Re: An Idea? maybe...

Postby eldarstorm » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:52 pm

The Combine suggestion has been gives several times before. It is possible to add them, but its something that we are not sure we are going to do yet, and if we do it will be later on. There are alot of other things we have to get done first :P

Not sure if we will do quests, will let Lost weigh in on that one.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:15 pm

im ok with the combine idea being left out, just thought it would be a good extra little gibbie.

If quests are too hard to do or take up to much time then its all good to not consider them. I would however even if it cant or wont be done, id love to see the small like achievment type of quests in, like the becoming medik for first time.

but all up to you guys of course :P

DevilsNipple

Postby LostInTheWired » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Eldar pretty much called it on the combine. Sure, i'd love to, but I'd have to make sure they spawned correctly (and with better accuracy), along with what goodies you'd get from 'em. So, it's not a no, but it's something we just have to push back so other features can get done.

And quests... Well, it's a tough call. We never planned on quests, and really never wanted 'em. The idea is for the player interactions and game events to shape the experience. Other then the players, we thought the atmosphere would be better preserved with a lack of friendly NPCs (and NPCs being defined as AIs that would talk to you). It gives you that feeling of isolation if all those around you have that unpredictability. Do they want to kill me, or will they work with me? Will they ignore me? Other players should be a rare sight, and an unfriendly one, until you end up finding people to work with.

Quests kind of give you an anchor, because they'd have to be given by something. It'd be your emotional crutch. It'd give you too much of a center. Events with cool rewards? Definitely. Quests? Probably not. It just wouldn't fit the atmosphere, but the events should be enough for you guys in the future, s'pecially with the ideas I have.
LostInTheWired
Developer

Postby DevilsNipple » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:41 pm

i see your point.

About the events, since i First started playing on the server i have had the same idea, its basically an event as it'l happen probably twice or more as rare as an antlion mound would, but what it is would be a sudden uprising of resources. Have it so that when it says "you feel a strange rumbling beneath your feet" it isnt Allways a mound, but say every 3-6 mounds that pop-up one will actually be an area thats just full of resources. everyone heads off to find them and hits the jackpot, but their are others around who want them too.

DevilsNipple

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:41 pm

We could be evil and add the actions that spit lol
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby [TBU] CrazyKid » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:23 pm

I assume eldar means antlions that spit, not actions...? Correct me if I am wrong. XD
[TBU] CrazyKid
Developer

Postby eldarstorm » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:34 pm

ya, antlions. was typing that on my tablet.
eldarstorm
Developer

Postby Remnant John » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:48 am

could you imagine the chaos of that? constantly on guard duty at base for spitter attacks? xD i'd go insane
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby Lord Rahl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:08 am

I think that would be a great idea personally. It will keep things exciting! If you think it would make thigns too challenging- what if like two out of every ten antlions could spawn as a spitter?
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Next

Return to PNRP Suggestions