PNRP features

PostNukeRP Gamemode Suggestions

PNRP features

Postby Lord Rahl » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:34 am

I think pnrp needs more features. I realize PNRP still needs a modeler however we should really get some custom skins and guns and veichles that are unique to PNRP, custom content keeps things interesting and fun!
ESPECIALLY skins, maybe just a few edited skins, or outfits for a normal skin: it gets obnoxious when every player appears identical...
Especially when you accidentally kill your friend because he looked like that minge who propkilled you 5 minutes ago.
(^that last one has happened to me at least...... 93 times. )

As far as veichles, I think a small ATV would be a cool addition, maybe a truck or two.
As far as weapons, we need more improvised weapons, like bats and boards and hammers, sticks and crowbars and scrap-metal swords, and a few "thrown item" sweps. In a post apocalyptic situation, military grade weapons and knives should NOT be this common to find, let alone figure out how to make! I would like to see really simple guns, like hunting rifles and shotguns, or other guns that would be more common to find in this situation.

I realize that this server isn't DarkRP or PERP, However I think alcohol would be a good addition to the server: moonshined alchoholic drinks would likely be a very common thing to find, I mean:
-The world's gone to shit.
-You spend every day in danger from giant mutated insects and Zombified reanimations of people you once knew.
-You face near-death situations about every other minute.
-At the end of the day, if you finally have a safe place to sleep, most people would love some booze to escape reality.

More Plants? There are watermelons, pumpkins, banannas, and also potatoes in the props, Why not have more food sources?
-Potaoes is phx from the potato cannon -Pumpkins are from episode 2 -melons are default GMOD -Bannanas are css.
Potatoes could be the cheapest and most manageable plant due to the fact that they usually just need soil.

But honestly I know that you admins were always against very long download times, but if the content is worth it, does anybody care? Plus, it will discourage playerswho just wanna join once, and will encourage players looking for a long-term server to play on.
PERP for example can have about a 20 minute wait for first time players, however it has such a massive amount of features, custom skins, custom cars, custom items, and more: that the download is well worth the wait. Just saying.
PermaFrost, formerly known as Lord Rahl
Lord Rahl

Re: PNRP features

Postby DevilsNipple » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:46 am

Agreed!
DevilsNipple Do it the Awesome way!

DevilsNipple

Postby Remnant John » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:41 pm

i do agree with most of this, but the vehicle part... we have no modeler, and Lost said it would be a pain to code a car
so meh
everything else is a good idea though :D
--------------------------------------------------
Sir Remnant John Helios, Colonel, First Class
Co-Leader of the Xion Mercenary Unit
--------------------------------------------------
Remnant John
PNRP Server Admin

Postby eldarstorm » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:33 pm

We have to be carfull with how much we require people to download. You would be surprised how many people are not willing to download much of anything. As it is, if you have heavy downloads, it can lag the server really bad. We found that out when we left the new zombie model in as a test. Server about chocked on the download. With the new workbench system comming online, we may look at other options.

We will see.
eldarstorm
Developer

Return to PNRP Suggestions